Saturday 9 January 2010

Home again, home again...sort of

Left Auckland Saturday evening and by the magic of time travel and the International Date Line arrived in LA before I had even left NZ! How cool is that...I hated leaving, cried a bucket of tears over the Pacific and now back 'home' in LA! Looking a case full of junk that I can't be bothered to unpack...well, it;s not junk exactly - just a few clothes and a few gifts..
Gary picked me up at the airport and dropped me off - have to say I got through Immigration and Customs amazingly quickly and my case was first off the luggage carousel.
Flight was uneventful altho delayed 2 hours in Sydney due to problems with some seats..they were asking for volunteers for bumping...was much tempted, especially after my last minute drama to secure an entry authorisation for Australia..which I then found out I didnt need for transitting...but since I do have one, I'm anxious to use it...however common sense prevailed and to be honest, I couldn't imagine going to work in the morning!!!!!!
Have trawled through my mail and thrilled to find I have medical benefits now sorted out - can't wait to send them my $1500 credit card bill for the root canal...that will pay for my flight to NZ this summer...although dismayed to find that the little Ford KA I bought for Nancy to use in the UK is developing problems...fingers crossed that it won't be too expensive to sort out...if it's not one thing, it's another(or your mother!) talking of whom, she turned 86 this week...Tom popped in tot ake her out...she was oblivious of the fact it was her birthday.We phoned from NZ and reminded her that it was and Dylan was highly entertained by the fact she told him numerous times it was her birthday and she thought she was 21 - there's nothing wrong with her sence of humour for sure!
So glad church is at midday tomorrow!!! Not sure how long into the year that euphoria will last...feel it's only my travel fatigue that makes it so attractive right now! Rightly or wrongly I always feel that it's best to be able to get up and get church done with...fully aware of the fact I will waste the mornings and then feel robbed wehn I get home at 4pm(that because I talk a lot after church!!!)

1 comment:

  1. Gil, Gil, Gil- It's Morgan (from the old WW2 ward- Henry's Mum!) Rumor around town is that you are ENGAGED! Must have the details!! Actually wanted to see if you wanted to come over for a St. Patricks Day dinner this Wed (but you may have plans with your fiance!!) I'll email you!

    ReplyDelete